- You will work in the sub-team developing the in-house back-end and the web GUI for Prisma reference data management (RDS – Reference Data Service).
- The system runs on Linux (RedHat), employing distributed and parallel processing as well as high-availability features.
- The main RDS component is written in Java, running on JBoss embedded in a Linux environment.
- This component uses Spring, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, and MySQL.
- The RDS system also contains several REST-based microservices and stand-alone applications written in Java.
- These services use the following technologies: Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL, OpenAPI, and Apache Tomcat.
- Python and bash are used for auxiliary scripting.
- Develop, test, maintain/support, and improve the Prisma RDS software
- Proactively cooperate with team members, business analysts, and other stakeholders
- Support the technical maintenance team as necessary
- Manage your own project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Critical thinking, ability to identify problems and propose solutions, teamwork, proactivity
- Willingness to learn
- English is essential
- Software development:
- Strong Java object-oriented programming skills
- Experience working with SQL relational databases
- Development and scripting experience under Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of data modeling and distributed systems (communication)
- Familiarity with code management systems (e.g. Git)
- C++ programming skills (enables rotation opportunity within Margining Services team)
- Experience with messaging (ActiveMQ, AMQP, or similar)
- Experience with Linux scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Interest and/or background in the financial industry, derivatives, or securities trading
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Additionally, you need to be a team player with a sense of humor, good communication, and collaboration skills, motivated and flexible
- German language